Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Planting trees

My project for this weekend is tree planting! My local utility company gives away up to 10 free trees per year, to provide shade for customers' homes in the hope that they will use less AC, and therefore less electricity, in the peak summer months.

So, I called and signed up for a phone interview with a "forester", which was a total joke. The woman I spoke to was just picking trees off a list with no actual knowledge of plants and/or trees. But, she input my choices into the machine, and told me that my free trees would arrive in a week.

Three weeks later, they are here! Red oak, red maple, European hackberry, sawleaf, and little leaf linden. They even dropped off stakes to support the trees if necessary!

Now I just have to convince my 4-month-old son that its OK if I put him down for a while so that I can plant some trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment